It’s SFRC Gold Rush time again. This year marks our 16th club ride to Sumpter, Oregon, home of such legendary sites as “the Dredge,” “the Elkhorn,” and “Zac’s Cabin.” If you don’t know what these things are, now is your chance to expand your horizons.
This year we’re doing some familiar things and some new things. Here’s the basics:
– Ride departs on Saturday, July 29, from the Old Mill Saloon in Estacada. Meet at 7am for breakfast. Ride departs at 9am. Old Mill Saloon is located at 150 SW Frontage Road in Estacada.
– This year we are charging $20 for the ride. This pays for the epic homemade BBQ dinner at the culmination of the Irish Phil Day Ride on Sunday. As many of you know, “Irish” Phil Murray sadly passed away recently. Phil was a loved member of our community, and we’re planning a Sunday day ride in his honor, featuring an Irish-themed BBQ and drink-up provided by national BBQ competitor and club friend Gerard Schneider. If you haven’t raised a glass to Irish Phil Murray yet, this is your chance.
– We’ll have a late-day emergency chase truck that will pick up the ride route in Maupin. Try not to break down before Maupin.
– Camping is free next door to the Elkhorn. Rooms may still be available in the local B&Bs.
– More details on ride day.
We’re looking forward to seeing old and new faces this year, enjoying some great riding, drinking some beers together, toasting Phil, and thanking the stars we live in such a beautiful place and that we ride motorcycles.
See you all soon.